Chocolate and Caramel Balayage Hair for a Sweet and Sultry Style
Balayage hair has raised the bar when it comes to hair color. And caramel balayage is one of the hottest looks for this popular hair trend! Why is this shade all the rage? And can you pull it off on your own?
Get more info and pics of this hot new trend on our site! But for now we have tips on how to achieve this sultry style at home with no muss and no fuss!
Why Choose Caramel Balayage?
We’re glad you asked! There are many reasons as to why caramel balayage is trending this year! This shade is perfect for any season as it is the perfect blend between warm and cool hues. As well, it will flatter any skin tone as well as every eye color.
Another good thing about caramel balayage is that it does not require a lot of maintenance. Unlike bright colors or lighter shades, it looks natural and does not fade as quickly. It adds a ton of texture to your hair with little to no effort. And there are so many different combos of creamy caramel and warm chocolate hues that you won’t run out of options!
Caramel balayage looks stunning on both curly or straight hair. It adds depth and dimension is the perfect look for those who want a subtle blend of color without going over the top.
DIY Caramel Balayage
Follow these steps to dye your hair creamy caramel balayage without even setting foot in a salon!
*Pro tip: If you need to bleach your hair, do so 24 hours before you dye it. Also, only dye hair that is clean and free of product.
- Prep the hair dye according to the directions on the product.
- Apply Vaseline to your hairline. This will prevent the dye from coloring your skin.
- Divide your hair into 4 even sections.
- Dye one section at a time to the areas that you wish to add the caramel balayage *Pro tip: Do not color your roots as this will achieve a natural look that flows more evenly. And don’t forget the gloves so as not to stain your fingers!
- Clip each section to hold in place while you are coloring.
- Blend in evenly using your fingers. Make sure your hair is thoroughly saturated. DO NOT rub the dye into your scalp or roots!
- Allow to sit for at least 30-45 minutes.
- Rinse completely with cold water until the water runs clear. Condition as directed.
- Allow to air dry and style as desired. Blow drying will only dry out your hair and cause it to fade.
To keep your caramel balayage as long as possible, do not wash it frequently Once or twice a week should suffice. Wear a cap when swimming and a hat outside to protect your hair from UV rays. Only use color safe products to maintain your color and keep your hair hydrated!